Quantum DXi-6900 Backup/Deduplication Appliances provide up to 510TB of backup storage capacity when configured with current generation 4TB hard drives, beginning with an entry-level capacity of 17TB, and scaling in increments of 17TB for each expansion module added (total of 30 nodes per system).
For Enterprise-level backup, multi-site backup, Virtual environment backup, and Cloud-based backup environments that require fast on-site restore in a compact footprint, the DXi-6900 delivers the broadest scale and highest performance for organizations that require data protection across multiple sites and into the Cloud.
The DXi-6900 provides the most intuitive and advanced management features in the industry, thereby reducing time spent managing backups and providing a rapid return on investment, by providing the lowest cost/TB in an all-inclusive pricing model.
Interface Options for Quantum DXi-6900
• NAS backup target – the DXi-6900 is presented as CIFS and/or NFS shares (128 max)
• Symantec OST – data is written to OST logical storage units (LSUs) to enable application-aware
replication in NetBackup and Backup Exec environments
• Virtual Tape Library (VTL) – emulates many Quantum Scalar tape libraries (Scalar 24 thru i6000)
and a variety of LTO and DLT tape formats, spread over a maximum of 64 partitions, with up to
9,000 logical tapes per partition
The Data-at-Rest Encryption module uses Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) technology to secure all data stored on the DXi-6900, including file data and metadata and configuration files, as well as the DXi software and operating system.
When Data-at-Rest Encryption is enabled, all hard drives in the DXi-6900 are paired with the disk controllers using encryption keys. Subsequent access to data on the drives requires the same encryption keys and controllers that were used to originally write the data, ensuring that a drive that is physically removed from the appliance cannot be read using another system.
Cloud-Ready Backup Solution (Q-Cloud)
Quantum Q-Cloud is a subscription-based solution that allows organizations of any size to keep more data offsite for a longer period of time, by efficiently replicating data to the Cloud with a simple, cost-effective approach.
Q-Cloud was designed specifically for virtual and physical environments, and is a secure Cloud-based data protection solution that integrates with existing backup applications, thereby reducing risk for IT Departments with a convenient option to efficiently replicate backups to the Cloud.
Quantum DXi-6900 Highlights
• Usable capacity – 17TB to 510TB
• Scaling increments – 17TB modules
• Performance specs – up to 16TB/hr
• Interfaces NAS, Symantec OST, Virtual Tape Library (VTL)
• Redundancy – Enhanced RAID, redundant power, redundant cooling, hot-swap drives
• Included Software – deduplication, replication, DXi-Accent, and path-to-tape
• VTL Library emulation– all past and present Scalar libraries
• LTO Drive emulation – LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5
• DLT Drive emulation – DLT7000, SDLT 320, SDLT 600, DLT-S4
• Rack Space: 2U (Base/Expansion)
• Weight: 61/59 Lbs. (Base/Expansion)
Where to go from here
To speak with a data backup specialist, call (631) 789-9595 or fill out our Information Request Form and a representative will call you back shortly.