Quantum Q-Cloud Protect is a Cloud-based backup service that securely replicates backup data to an off-site disaster recovery location for as low as 1.5 cents/GB/month, enabling organizations to avoid the upfront costs of acquiring equipment for managing off-site data or tape vaulting, while taking advantage of the benefits that Cloud-based services offer.
Q-Cloud Reduces Storage Costs
Quantum Q-Cloud Protect provides a cost savings factor of up to 15x when compared to using Cloud storage services from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and other Cloud providers.
By incorporating data deduplication technology at the local site, Q-Cloud ONLY stores deduplicated data, while other services store fully-hydrated data in addition to basing their monthly hosting fees on the volume of fully-hydrated storage used.
Q-Cloud Increases Backup Speed
Quantum Q-Cloud Protect also reduces backup times by a factor of up to 15x when compared to using Cloud storage services from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and other Cloud providers.
Regardless of network bandwidth and quality, Q-Cloud only sends “changed blocks” to the Cloud, so by backing up only deduplicated data, rather than fully-hydrated data, Q-Cloud can perform larger-volume backups in a much smaller time window.
Highlights of Q-Cloud Protect Backup Service
• Reduce capital expense with a service for as little as $0.15/GB/month
• No hidden fees provides predictable monthly billing statements
• Deduplication technology requires less storage, locally AND in the Cloud
• AES 256-bit encryption at every touch point in the Q-Cloud data center
• Eliminate off-site tape vaulting costs and management
• Capacity-on-Demand scalability from 1.0TB – 7.7PB
• Certified with all major backup applications, including Symantec OST
Where to go from here
To speak with a data storage expert, call (631) 789-9595 or fill out our Information Request Form and a representative will call you back shortly.